Literary Life    |    Reflections    |    Chasing My Bliss

The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks

Monday, June 8, 2009

The Guardianrating: 5 of 5 stars

Sparks enhances his regular romance writing style by bringing it to the next level by adding a thrilling curve to The Guardian.

This is one of those books that will grab your attention during the epilogue and keep you wanting more after the prologue. You will connect and/or relate with the characters and find yourself cheering at certain points, on the edge of your seat at others, and in tears by the ending. A very well rounded book.

My only complaint about the book (did you think I would go without complaining?)is the bad editing. Not only did a lot of grammar errors go unnoticed (no biggie I find them all the time); but at one point Sparks starts confusing the characters and their roles and the editor never picked it up. Not difficult for Sparks to do when the three important names in that part of the story are Julie, Jessica and Jennifer. Other than that, I loved this book. I hope they turn it into a movie (although I bite my tongue saying that); and I think this may have made it to my Top 5 books.

2 comments:

Brandie said...

Love, love, love this book. Need to move it up on my list of re-reads!

I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Luna said...

This and the Rescue are my favorites of his books. I had forgotten about the editing issues.

Happy reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." ~ Paul Sweeney