Literary Life    |    Reflections    |    Chasing My Bliss

Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler

Friday, July 17, 2009

Are You There Vodka? It's Me, ChelseaMy rating: 5 of 5 stars

I officially have a girl crush.


This book is freakin' hilarious. I have never laughed so hard reading a book before. I couldn't hold it in. Tears were pouring down my face and at some points I had to stop and share with my husband because it was just so out there that I couldn't believe that this was a memoir and not just a comedy routine.

I must admit some of these stories are so extreme it makes you wonder whether they have been over embellished but at the same time you are laughing hysterically thinking, "Oh No!! She couldn't!" while the tears start running again. As she states in the book, she has no problem admitting that she is a compulsive liar and is known for not knowing where the truth ends and where the lies begin, so you can keep that in mind while reading this.

I never saw Chelsea Handler do her stand-up but this reads like mini bits and I could picture her doing all of these stories in her routine. I was going to share a glimspe of her humor but I can't choose, their are so many good parts and I don't want to offend anyone who reads this with her racy topics.

There is a lot of off-color humor and offensive material throughout the book so if you are sensitive this book is NOT for you. But, if you don't offend easily pick up this book and make sure you empty your bladder before reading otherwise you may pee your pants from laughing so hard and give yourself a few hours of free time because you won't want to put this book down.

1 comments:

Lit and Life said...

Do you watch her show? I'm not that crazy about it so I've been hesitant to pick up her books. But I do crave a book that makes me laugh so hard I need to be wearing Depends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." ~ Paul Sweeney