Literary Life    |    Reflections    |    Chasing My Bliss

At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

At First SightMy rating: 2 of 5 stars

Not sure about this one. It had a lot of twists and turns but it was kind of boring and did a lot of backing up to remind everyone about True Believer. The story had me at the edge of my seat at times, nervous for the characters and I did cry at the ending but was pretty disappointed in the actual story itself.

Jeremy seemed to whine a lot. A whole lot. He was miserable and I started hating his childishness. Lexie was starting to get to me as well with her absentmindedness. I don't know. Just not the best Sparks book. Glad I finished it but I found myself skimming ahead a lot to see if it was worth reading further. Not normal for me and his work.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." ~ Paul Sweeney