Literary Life    |    Reflections    |    Chasing My Bliss

Eating Heaven by Jennie Shortridge

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Eating Heaven My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Eating Heaven is the story of one woman's struggle with her relationships with her family, men and food. At times the book is humorous and other times it's sad but it deals with real life issues that everyone can relate to on some level.

Although I found a lot of the relationships to mature unrealisticly the main story had enough depth to keep me reading and attach myself to the characters while rooting for a happy ending.

All in all, a good quick read.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Great to see you gave it 4 stars! Can' wait to read it!

Lisa said...

It does just kind of suck you in, doesn't it. I was thinking at first it was going to be so light but it did a wonderful job dealing with death.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." ~ Paul Sweeney